The Law on Free Access to Public Information was adopted in January 2006 thereby providing the entry of the Republic of Macedonia in a community that consists over 75 world countries having laws that guarantee the right to free access to public information. The Law is in accordance with Article 16 of the Constitution of the Republic of Macedonia that guarantees free access to information and free dissemination of information.
|According to Article 8 of the Law on Free Access to Public Information, SEA appoints the following officials to mediate and support the exercising of the right to free access to public information:
Secretariat for European Affairs
Boulevard Ilinden bb 1000 Skopje
tel: +389 2 3200 258
Електронско барање за пристап до информации од јавен карактер
Commission for protection of the right to free access to public information:
The Secretariat for European Affairs offers the following public information:
Procedure on exercising the right
- Ways of submission - oral, written or by electronic form.
- Form for providing information: insight, transcript, copy or electronic form.
Responsibilities of the holders of information
- List of information – holders of information are obliged to keep records and to update the list of information in their disposal and to publish them in a manner available to the public.
- Mediating information – Article 10 covers all information the holder is obliged to make public.
- This part also covers those technical aspects that responsible persons within the holders of public information are obliged to provide premises for inspection of the required information.
- The officials are obliged to help them during their information search.
Official person for mediating
- Each holder of information appoints one or more officials in exercising the right to free access to public information.
- The holder of information is obliged to inform the public on the official person responsible for mediating information.
- The official person for mediating information shall contact and provide the necessary information and help the applicant for information and shall keep special records for receipt of the applications for information.
- A number of holders of information may appoint one or more officials for mediating information in exercising the right to free access to public information.