Public Health Programme’s objective is to support the Member States policies and to contribute to enhanced solidarity and prosperity in the European Union through protection and promotion of human health and safety as well as public health improvement. This Programme will promote both participation of and consultation with the parties concerned. The Programme budget amounts to EUR 321.5 million and it will be implemented through annual working plans indicating priority areas and criteria for financing.
The objectives of the programme are the following:
- To improve citizens health safety;
- To promote health, including reduction of inequalities regarding health;
- To promote information and knowledge related to citizens health.
For the purpose of complete participation in the Programme the following financial mechanisms are at disposal:
- projects co-financing aimed at implementation of one of Programme’s objectives;
- tendering activities aimed at fulfilment of Programme’s objectives;
- co-financing operative costs of non-governmental organisations or special networks;
- joint financing of Community public bodies or non-governmental organisations of one or more Member States;
- joint actions with other Community Programmes thus developing link between this instrument and other Community Programmes.
The Ministry of Health is the national partner institution responsible for implementation and coordination of activities related to the Programme.