The following are the main objectives of the Youth in Action programme:
- Promotion of young people’s active citizenship and their European citizenship in particular,
- Development of the feeling of solidarity among young people for the purpose of fostering social cohesion in the EU,
- Promotion of mutual understanding between the young people,
- Contribution to development of quality of support systems for youth activities as well as reinforcing the capacity of civil social organisations acting within the field of youth,
- Promotion of European cooperation in the youth field.
The following are the activities envisaged for programme support:
- Youth for Europe
- European Voluntary Service
- Youth of the World
- Youth Support Systems
- Support for European Cooperation in the Youth Field
Taking the following steps is necessary for proper implementation of the Programme:
- Taking necessary measures thus providing unimpeded implementation of the Programme on national level, as well as ensuring participation of interested parties in accordance with the national practice,
- Establishing National Agency, as required institutional precondition for proper implementation of the Programme on national level (it is also envisaged to implement this programme through the National Agency for Education)
The Ministry of Education and Science is the national partner institution responsible for implementation and coordination of the activities related to the Programme.